Hey girls!
Gareth Pugh is a London based designer who is famous for his highly unwearable couture that until 2007, were only seen on catwalks and unavailable to purchase. He has teamed up with MAC to design some fabulous couture packaging for some products that are absolutely perfect for this time of year!
The packaging is very square and a lot of it is made from metal, so it's quite weighty! It features an uber stylish cross the products with limited edition packaging which is perfect if you're a collector... but perhaps a tad OTT if you're just a casual make up wearer!
 |
Top: Deceit Pigment
Bottom: Guise Pigment |
These are the two limited edition pigments from the collection. Deceit is a deep purple which is fabulous for a winter smokey eye and Guise is a very cool toned, silvery white pigment that would look stunning as a highlight with a totally matte look. Both of these pigments are £24.50 each.
 |
Left: Ardent Cream Shadow
Right: Obscura Cream Shadow |
These two cream shadows are a cream to powder formulation and are supposed to leave a 'liquid metal' finish on the skin. Ardent is a deep purple, very similar to the pigment and obscura is a very shimmery greyish silver. These limited edition cream shadows, which come in mirrored compacts (handy!!) are also £24.50 each.
 |
| Flight Lash |
These false lashes are £18, which I'm not too sure about as they're sooo out there, when would anyone ever get a chance to wear them!? They'd be fine for an avid MAC collector, but I doubt many people will buy these lashes.
 |
| Studio Fix Boldblack Lash Mascara |
This mascara is £13.50, which is the normal price for the MAC mascaras. It has a plastic brush, so I guess it would be good for lengthening and separating. This mascara is supposed to be super black and really long lasting, so it sounds good to me!
 |
Left: Graphblack Technikohl Liner
Right: Greyprint Technikohl Liner |
These mechanical liners aren't particularly unique colours, as you can get a black or grey mechanical liner anywhere. They're £16.50 each, which is quite expensive, so I think these liners will only appeal the the MAC or Gareth Pugh super fans!
 |
Left: Fervent (Satin)
Right: Restrict (Cremesheen) |
Fervent is a very vampy, deep purple shade that looks like it would only be for the bravest of us! I would love to wear this kind of colour, but as I am so pale, it just makes me look so dead! Restrict is a pale pink, nude which would look fabulous on some people, but not myself, so I'll be giving these lipsticks a miss too. The lipsticks cost £20.50 each.
 |
Left: Outrage Lipglass
Right: Vacant Lipglass |
Outrage is a shimmery plum purple lipglass and Vacant is a pale, less shimmery, lilac colour. I'm not a massive fan of MAC lipglasses because they're just sooo sticky! These lipglasses cost £19 each which is a lot more than normal lipglasses.. but I do prefer the packaging.
 |
| Strada Powder Blush |
Strada is actually a permanent PRO blush, but it comes in a compact with a mirror and the edgy design on it which is carved into every powder product of the collection. It's a nice, pale pink which would look really pretty as a highlight... but it costs £26!!
 |
| Elude Beauty Powder |
Again, another pale pink which is quite similar to the Strada blush. It comes in a compact with a mirror as well... but is almost double the price at a massive £44! Yes, you did read it right, this product is £44. Enough said.
 |
Left: Hyper Nail Lacquer
Middle: Inert Nail Lacquer
Right: Ascension Nail Lacquer. |
Hyper is a deep blue, pearlised nail polish that's a bit metallic and is very on trend for winter this year. Inert is a greyish nude that also has a pearlised finish and Ascension is a grey polish with blue and violet reflects in it. All of these polishes are very appropriate for the season and come in seriously stylish bottles - these are £19 each.
 |
| Square Handled Buffer Brush |
This is a Kabuki styled brush on a modern square base which I'm sure would be very useful to a lot of people, but I don't think the square handle would be very comfortable to hold and MAC make buffer brushes that are cheaper than this anyway. It's £41.50.
 |
| Gareth Pugh for MAC Make Up Bag |
I don't know whether this bag is leather or not, but it's quite sleek and I like the glossy finish... but I don't think I'd pay £60, just for an empty make up bag!
Overall, I love the packaging and there are a few nice products in this collection, but it's just not good value! Everything is too expensive, so I won't be making an order this time but I'd love to see if you get anything form the collection! It's on sale now in the UK and the US, so I'm assuming it's on sale in other countries as well.
Let me know your thoughts in the comments below, and don't forget to follow!
Thanks for reading,
Celeste xo
I really like that makeup bag!
ReplyDeleteAww how I love these and howmuch I love MAC. Unfortunately there is no MAC outlet where I stay..phew phew...such a nice blog. I am following you. you can follow me back too at
ReplyDeletehttp://jhilmildsaha.blogspot.com/
LOVE this!
ReplyDeletexx, Kels
hello, I have been reading your blog for a while now, and I really enjoy reading your posts! I have a relatively new blog which I try to post regualry on. I would apreciate it so much if you had a minute to check it out!
ReplyDeletehttp://islaay.blogspot.com/
Thankyou xxx
I was so excited for this collection to get to the UK. Mainly because I'm a big Gareth Pugh fan. For that recent I'll probably purchase one thing (can't really afford much else haha). Most likely Outrage lipglass. It's the most interesting to me. :) x
ReplyDeleteI would deffiniately recomment both the herbal essences products! I just noticed you like in Portsmouth, I live in Emsworth like 15 minutes away! Hahah that's so weird! xxx
ReplyDeleteThis looks like such a cool collection
ReplyDeletebtw thanks for commenting on my blog, I followed ur blog and it would mean a lot if u followed me 2 :)
WOWWWW those eyelashes look unreal! I would probably wear them for a night out haha.
ReplyDeleteDo you know what countries they'll be available in? x
Are you serious?! I was in Portsmouth christmas shopping yesterday! Hahaha :D
ReplyDeleteThanks for the reply :D
ReplyDeleteI am dying to see these lashes on... don't know if I can justify £18 but! Unless I reuse them about 20 times haha!
x
I like the packaging, MAC is the best! Also thanks for commenting on our blog, we followed you(:
ReplyDeletexoxo,
Olivia from The Glamour Girls
http://theglamourgirls1.blogspot.com/
Those eyelashes are soo dramatic. Love them. You are creative! XoXo
ReplyDeletewww.kingline18.blogspot.com
loving the packaging :) I really need to buy more mac products :)
ReplyDeleteLove your blog! Im following you :D
www.sammy-city.blogspot.com
loving the colour of the lipsticks!!
ReplyDeletelaur xx
www.betwixtlaur.blogspot.com
Fun collection! The eyelashes are wild!!
ReplyDeleteJayme & Mendi @ Her Late Night Cravings
I love the colors for this collection! The packaging is very fancy and sleek. I haven't bought anything from MAC in a looonng time :(
ReplyDeleteThis make up collaboration looks fantastic, the lashes especially
ReplyDeletehttp://modadelamode.blogspot.com/