Hey girls!
Nicki Minaj is bringing out a collection for OPI in spring 2012. Although, I'm not a massive fan of her music, but there are a few nice colours in the line and I am quite looking forward to seeing these colours in real life!
 |
| From left to right: Do It On 'Em, Fly, Save Me, Metallic 4 Life, Pink Friday and Super Base Shatter |
I don't really like 'Do It On 'Em; I hate anything that's lime green... even limes aren't really that colour! I think 'Fly' is the perfect summery colour because it's so bright and cheerful. I perhaps wouldn't wear it on my fingers, but I definitely wear blues like this on my toes. 'Save Me' is my kind of heaven! I love glittery top coats and this one is full of multi-coloured tinsel! I love this and I wish I had it now, as it's so good for Christmas - who doesn't want to wear this to a party? 'Metallic 4 Life' is just a shimmery silver which isn't totally unique, but it's quite pretty and I'd probably wear it but I won't go out of my way to get this. 'Pink Friday' is nothing special either - although it's a cute bubble gum pink, almost every nail polish brand has made a colour like this, so I'll give this a miss too. 'Super Base Shatter' is another one I like as purple is my favourite colour - especially deep, plum tones! I don't think it's right for a spring collection though - this is more appropriate for an Autumn/Winter collection so I might buy it, but I won't wear it in the hotter months.
Overall, this is a pretty good collection - by all means, get them all, if you're a Nicki Minaj fanatic! But if you're like me, and just like to own nice nail polishes, I'd definitely skip out on a few of these colours.
Thanks for reading! Don't forget to follow the blog and tweet me at @CelesteCohen - let me know your thoughts on the collection in the comments below?
- Celeste xo
OMG! I LOVE THIS!! Especially Pink Friday and Super Bass
ReplyDeletehttp://mayrabarragan90.blogspot.com/
I like save me and super base shatter. :)
ReplyDeleteFly and Metallic 4 Life look beautiful! :o Now I just have to see if it's justifiable to buy when they're £10 in the UK. Hm... x
ReplyDeleteLove super bass shatter! great Post!
ReplyDeleteby the way, Celeste, in regards to your comment about not having a Sephora in the UK, i left you a reply telling you how to get sephora shipped to the UK!
xx, Kels
I love all these colours! So pretty and bright but I really want the sparkly ones,
ReplyDeleteLacey xoxo
I LOVE THIS! I need to own this entire collection, these are my kinds of colours X
ReplyDeleteThe colors seem to match Nicki Minaj's style, but I'm really interested in seeing how the shatter polish will look on my nails. =)
ReplyDeletehttp://classicbeautytales.blogspot.com
I'm not a fan of her music, but I like a lot of these colors.
ReplyDeletehttp://niksconfessional.blogspot.com/
The colors look all nice, maybe only the first lime green is not my kind of polish but I am a big OPI fan ! You're invited to enter my Chanel & Too Faced Giveaway ! There's time until tomorrow to enter and hope you will :)
ReplyDeleteFashion and Cookies
My Twitter
These colors are great! I love it.
ReplyDeletehttp://liveoutloud14.blogspot.com
first time I've heard about this collection so thank you for posting! Want to get my hands on a few of these shades! xx
ReplyDeleteIm not a massive fan of hers but I do like the look of those colours. The green would be fab for summer
ReplyDeleteI'm liking the collection but I'm not fan of any sort of green on my nails, have no idea why heeheh. You need naked pallet hehe. xx
ReplyDeleteI'm not a lime green/yellow fan either, but I do like the rest of the colors. I want this collection :)
ReplyDeleteI really like all the colors besides the lime green-yellow.
ReplyDeleteI agree with you overall. Many of these don't seem very unique. Also, definitely more suitable for fall/winter.
ReplyDelete