I've seen on a lot of blogs that some people have started to fall out of love with the Glossy Box and started drifting towards other boxes, such as Boudoir Privee, Carmine and Feel Unique. Although there are always hits and misses in the Glossy Box, I still like it on the whole.
In this box, I got:
Arbonne FC5 Cooloing Foot Creme.
I haven't used this yet, but I quite like the smell. It's not overly perfumed; it smells quite fresh and clean. I think I would have probably got more use out of the hand cream, but I'll definitely give this a go. f I don't like it on my feet, I'll just use it on my hand anyway. It's non-greasy and is supposed to 'hydrate rough, dry skin' and be a soothing and cooling cream. A full sized bottle will set you back £19, so I'll let you know if I think it's worth the money or not!
The next product I got was the Dead Sea Spa Magik Dead Sea Bath Salts.
The exfoliator from ths brand was sent out in Glossy Boxes back in September and I loved that, so I have some high hopes for this product. Although it's not particularly high end, at £5.50 for 1kg, there are some big claims made by the company! Dead Sea Spa Magik won at the 2011 Beauty Awards and claim that this product is 'fantastic for alleviating dry skn condtions' as well as t being a 'natural exfoliant'. These bath salts are supposed to 'remarkably improve skin texture'. I am always sceptical of claims like these, so I will defintely be giving these a go and seeing if this product lives up to the hype!
The third product from the box was the Monu Skin Perfector
This is a super light cream that is supposed to even out your skin and fill in any lines. It says it's a perfect base for your make up, so I'll be trying this out in the mornings. I hope it's not going to make my make up just slide off my face though! It smells okay - a bit perfumey for my liking, but it's bareable. This is a full size product and it retails for £16.25. I'm looking forward to giving this a go!
The next product was the Nail Rock Designer Nail Wraps.
Nail Rock is another brand that has been in the Glossy Box before. I'm not too keen on the design, I'm not really as massive fan of animal print! These nail wraps are supposed to last 7 days on finger nails and up to 8 weeks on the toe nails. The company say that these won't chip or stain your nails and don't take any time to dry. A set of nail wraps cost £6.65, which isn't too bad - if you like the pattern! I think I'll be giving these away.
The last sample in the box were 2 perfumes. The first was L'eau Serge Lutens and the second was Vitriol d'Oeillet. Both of these are by Serge Lutens.
Both these fragrences are designed to be worn by both men AND women, which I'm not always very keen on. I do really like L'Eau Serge Lutens, which s in the white box. It's a very clean smell and doesn't smell too old. However, Vitriol d'Oeillet is horrible! It's SO strong. It's supposed to smell lke carnations, but it's super over powering and I don't like it at all! For 50mls of these perfumes, it's £78 and for 100ml, it's £86... I think we can see which size is better vaule!!
Overall, I am quite happy with my box. I'm not overly excited about it, but it's got a few nice things in it.
Thanks for reading, and don't forget to follow me here and on Twitter! Let me know what you got in your beauty box this month and what you thnk of it in the comments below!
Celeste xo
I like the nail wraps. Different to mine, I got white and black stripe ones and a different perfume. Overall a bit disappointed with my box, but will still try out the wraps to see what they are like.
ReplyDeleteHi, my box was identical to yours...some got a hair elasticiser instead of the monu face cream, but the crean I've been using all week and love. It actually does fill in any fine lines:) are you subscribed to any other boxes?xx izzy
ReplyDelete