I was so excited to see that the MAC holiday collection is finally out, so as soon as it was out, I made my order. I decided to get one of the gift sets because it came with a snowglobe pallet, a lipstick, a lipglass, 3 short handled brushes and quite a cute little make up bag. I thought this was quite a good selection of products and was great value for £42.50, which by MAC standards is cheap!!
All the packaging from this collection is white, which I'm not too keen on because it gets dirty SO easily, and I love the original, sleek and professional looking, black packaging. It just looks more classy, in my opinion.
The first product from the 'warm' Glitter and Ice set is a snowglobe inspired pallet. I think the top is quite cute with the glitter snowglobe. It's quite a novelty for Christmas time.
| The snowglobe pallet |
Anyway, this pallet came with 4 square eye shadows and a blush. Two of the shadows are permanent: Omega and Carbon, but I think these are staples in anybody's MAC collection as they're perfect for any neutral look. The two new shades are golden flurry and soft brown, which I think are really nice as well.
| Top (left to right) Golden Flurry, Soft Brown Bottom (left to right) Omega, Carbon |
Soft Brown is a terracotta toned brown; it definitely has orange undertones and tt's a matte shadow. I really like this as a crease colour because it's not your average dark brown. It looks good as an outer corner colour as well - I like to use it to smoke out a lighter brown to add a bit of depth to my eye.
Omega is part of the permanent line and is a matte, pale brown. I love this as a lid colour because it's not too dramatic, so you can really play up the crease or the outer corner, which I love to do. I already have this in pot form, but this is great for travelling with, and it means I won't need to get a back up yet!
The last shadow is Carbon, which we all know is a matte black. I like to use this to smudge into my lash line to give me a really soft line when I don't want a really crisp liner. I think a matte black is a staple in any girl's make up collection, as it's really useful and versatile!
| The blush on the left is Seasonal Appeal. |
The blush which is hidden under the shadows is a matte shade called seasonal appeal. It's an orange toned, VERY sheer blush, which I'm not too impressed with, to be honest. I'm sure it would look lovely on darker skin tones, but as I'm so pale, it just makes me look dirty. I will, however, try and use it as a contour bronzer as it's so smooth and I don't want to waste it.
| Frost Lipstick in Mellowarm |
| Frost Lipstick in Mellowarm |
This lipstick, Mellowarm, is again an orange toned red. It's a really good colour for winter because it's dark-ish, but not unwearable. I find the formula of this quite drying, but under a lipstick, it's not too bad. It's easy to build this from a light coat right up to a strong red colour. I wore it to school today and to a party at the weekend, so this is good for all occasions, I think!
| Lipglass in Join The Party |
This is an orangey-brown lipglass, which looks like nothing in the bottle, but on the lips and over the lipstick, it's actually really nice! I don't usually go for brown toned colours for my lips, but I love this! It really improves the finish of the lipstick and looks good on its own too. As usual for MAC, it's quite a sticky texture, but I don't mind too much, as it can always be reapplied anyway, right?
| Left - Join The Party Lipglass Right - Mellowarm Lipstick |
| Left to Right - 275SE, 266SE, 129SE |
| Make up bag |
Overall, this is a really nice set and would make a perfect present to anyone (including yourself) and is really good value! The rest of the collection is nice if you like frosty, cool tones which are quite appropriate for winter.
Thanks for reading everyone, let me know what you want/have got from this collection or what you think about it!
Lots of love,
Celeste xxx
Great review!
ReplyDeleteI really like the look of the lipgloss and the Snow Globe Palette! Although I bet the blusher won't suit me either as I'm realllly pale!
Em
:-)
http://emberdrake.blogspot.com
Haha, I know how you feel! I'm like a ghost, especially in the winter! I think the blusher in the cool pallet was a nice, pale pink which would have been better for our skin tones :) xx
ReplyDeletefantastic review!
ReplyDeletethat palette looks gorgeous! :) - Kels
www.misscouture17.blogspot.com
Love this :)
ReplyDeleteI just did a mac haul with some of the stuff from this collection.
xoxo
Stella Rose
My Blog: http://www.beautysmartie03.com
My YouTube: http://www.youtube.com/beautysmartie03
very jealous of your mac haul!
ReplyDeletexxx
www.laurenella.net
I only picked up one item from this collection. I got the nail lacquer in Unconditonally Fabulous. It was hard to find as most counters and the one MAC store in my city (plus it's not available online) were sold out; it is well worth the $23.
ReplyDeleteI just went to a mac counter yesterday. :) I LOVE the snowglobe packaging!
ReplyDelete