Sunday, 16 October 2011

Benefit - They're Real Mascara: Tried and Tested!

As I was repurchasing my beloved Porefessional from Benefit, there was an offer on for a free lipgloss if I spent over £30. This was about a week after the new They're Real mascara had been released, so I thought 'why not?' and decided to try it.

I'm a bit weary of mascaras that aren't 100% waterproof as they often smudge and by the end of the day, I've been known to resemble a racoon! But, the lovely sales girl assured me it was water resistant and as long as I didn't go swimming, it wouldn't budge.

I still don't use this mascara on my bottom lashes as they're long enough to brush on my cheeks so for them, I use either Clinique Bottom Lash Mascara or Bobbi Brown No Smudge Mascara. I used to use the Bobbi Brown mascara in my top lashes, but when I first tried the new Benefit mascara, I was so impressed! The Bobbi Brown mascara is good, but it doesn't lengthn or volumise or seperate anywhere near as well as 'They're Real' does!


They're Real (one coat)

No Smudge (one coat)

The only bad side to They're Real is that it's hard to layer the mascara without it looking clumpy as it dries so quickly! However, the little ball on the end of the wand (slightly resembling the iconic Givenchy mascara) is really good at getting right to the roots of the lashes and seperating each individual lash.

Overall, I think this is my new favourite mascara and after using a variety of Bobbi Brown mascaras over the past 3 years, I've finally found something even better. Benefit - They're Real retails for £18.50 and I would highly recommend it!

No comments:

Post a Comment