Monday, 31 October 2011

Tried And Tested - Rimmel's 'Kate' Lipstick in 02

Last week, I went out and bought 3 colours from the collection and I have been trying them out one by one. The first review is of 02, which is a shocking pinkish red.
Shade 02
The formula is extremely dry but long wearing. The lipstick stayed on my lips all day, however, I didn't like the dryness of it. On the lips, the finish is not as glossy as it appears in the tube; it's actually semi-matte which I quite like as I don't always like to have mega shiny lips!

I do really love the colour of this, it's bright (which is always good!) but it's also very wearable for the less brave of us make up fans. It's buildable, if you only want a light colour - you can just dab it on with your finger so it's a stain, or apply it full on so it's super bright!

'Kate' lipstick in 02.
 Overall, I love the colour and stayng power of this lipstick and the finish is really nice - I just hate the dryness! It's the dryest 'long wearing' lipstick I've ever used so I would definitely slap on load of lip balm first to protect your lips from chapping etc. But for a cheap and cheerful £5 lipstick, this isn't bad. As for repurchasing? I don't think I will. But for now, I will use it with lots of balm and moisturiser and when it starts getting towards the end, I'm sure I can make a pretty tinted lipbalm by mixing it with some thick moisturiser or Vaseline.

Have you tried this lipstick yet, or any others from this collection? Let me know what you think of them in the comments? :) xx

1 comment:

  1. That shade looks gorgeous. I really want to try it. Love Rimmel lipsticks.....

    ReplyDelete