Wednesday, 26 October 2011

Nail Of The Day: OPI - You Don't Know Jaques

This is my first NOTD and I am starting with one of my favourite autumn nail colours: You Don't Know Jaques by OPI.
This is a satin finish nail polish and is a taupe brownish colour with a bit of purple as an undertone. It only needs 2 coats of polish to get a good colour and then finish it with a top coat to give an even glossier finish. MY personal favourite top coat is the OPI top coat.


Nails after 3 days of wear.
I have found that with a good layer of top coat, this polish has great staying power. I've kept this colour on for 3 days and I still haven't had any chipping, which is good; I really can't be bothered to repaint my nails and let them dry every single day! If you paint thin coats, they will be dry to do another coat by the time you've done your other hand, so drying time is quite good too. I find it's best to leave the second coat for 10 minutes for it to get really hard before painting the top coat as that will ensure it doesn't dent or get marks on it and ruin the perfect finish.

I love dark browns and greens for autumn - leafy colours are my favourite, whereas in the summer, it's all about the pale pinks!

This nail polish retails at £10.50 and you can get it here, at John Lewis or at the new OPI store in Westfield, West London, which is called ColourCopia.

What's your favourite autumn nail colour? Let me know in the comments below? :)

3 comments:

  1. This one is really pretty! My sister has it, I really need to borrow it asap. :D

    http://sandra-thepuzzleofmylife.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love this color I almost got it the other day but wasn't sure how the color would look!! Now I think I need to go purchase it!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. It looks so nice! I'd definitely reccommend it! :) xx

    ReplyDelete