Wednesday, 19 October 2011

Review: Stila Smudge Stick

So in my last post, I told you that I got a Stila Smudge Stick, waterproof liner in Moray in my October Glossy Box and I am absolutely over the moon with it!

Stila Smudge Stick in Moray
 First of all, the colour is so pretty! I've never owned an eye liner anything like this before. It's a dark metalic green with hollographic glitter through it - in some lights, the liner goes gold and silver. The colour is perfect for autumn and makes a great change from my usual black and brown liners.

This swatch doesn't do it any justice at all!

 As for staying power, this liner certainly does the trick! It lasted 14 hours on my eyes without running down my face, transferring into my crease or fading before I took it off to go to bed. This is the first pencil I've used that has impressed me as far as staying power goes. I switched to gel liner and used that religiously purely because it wouldn't budge; but this liner has definitely swayed me! I haven't used this pencil in the waterline yet, just because of the glitter. I will try it out and see how it goes, but for now, I am happy with gel liner in the water line as I'm 100% guarunteed that I won't have liner running down my cheeks within 2 hours of putting my make up on!

The texture of this pencil is so soft and smooth! It goes on almost like a cream which I really like - no one wants to be tugging on their eye lids with a sharp pencil while it scratches and irritates the skin! I'm really impressed because it applies as easily as a pencil, but looks and feels so much better!

The only downside of this product, I would say, is that it takes quite a few twists to wind the product up which worried me at first as I thought it was broken or there was only a minute amount of product in it. Also, once you've wound it up, it won't wind back down which could be pretty wasteful if it gets wound up too far and it gets mashed in the lid :(

This eye liner retails for £13, which is definitely a lot cheaper than my all-time favourite Bobbi Brown gel liners and I would absolutely repurchase this! I'm excited about the other colours that this liner comes in and I'm sure I'll be putting an order in soon. Being a Stila virgin, this liner has given me great first impressions of the brand. Overall, this product gets a gold star from me: I'm a very happy blogger!

3 comments:

  1. When you try it on the waterline, definitely blog about it!! I've been looking for a good liner to use on the waterline for YEARS. Great post!

    http://myeverydayrunway.wordpress.com/

    ReplyDelete
  2. I definitely will do! Thanks for you comment - I love your blog, by the way :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Awww this must look so pretty :)To bad the picture doesn't do justice :( i'm all into colored liner these days :)

    Sabrina xoxo
    www.lipsticksandglitter.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete