Saturday, 22 October 2011

Lipstick of the day: Girl About Town

So, I am definitely more into make up than I am clothes so this is my take on the infamous OOTD. First of all, my camera is broken, so I have to take pictures on my blackberry so the quality is always quite rubbish. Second of all, I HATE taking pictures of myself and 5 out of 7 days I will just be wearing my school uniform; so outfits of the day will be pretty limited. However, I do wear lipstick every day, and that's far more interesting!

Anyway, I will stop rambling and just tell you all about this lipstick! Today, I wore Girl About Town by Mac which is an Amplified Creme, retailing for £13.50.


As you can see, it's pretty bright, but on weekends, I like to make the most of being able to use bright, bold colours on my lips. The formula of this lipstick is very creamy yet surprisingly long wearing - I was out for 10 hours today and only had to reapply once after eating. This lipstick doesn't dry out my lips, yet it isn't uber moisturing either which I like, because I don't like my lips to feel greasy like many 'moisturising' lipsticks do.

I don't need to use a lip liner with this lipstick because the colour doesn't bleed around my lips and as I said, it's pretty good at staying put! I've never used this immediately after using a lip balm though as I usually only use that once before bed and then that will be all I need for the next day; unfortunately, I can't tell you how that would effect the finishe of the lipstick.
This is the colour you'd get with a light application. I like my bright lipsticks to be BRIGHT but if you were a bit afraid of that kind of thing, I am sure you could use a light hand to get a more muted version of this colour.

This is probably one of my favourite lipsticks as it is a lot more modern that the classic bright red, and if you want to make a statement, then this would be the way to go. Have you tried this lipstick before? Or why don't you tell me what your favourite lipstick is? Let me know in the comments below, I'd love to hear your thoughts! :)

3 comments:

  1. Great post! I have that lipstick & I love it!
    I followed your blog!

    Please check out my beauty blog! It would mean a lot to me!

    http://beautygonewild.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. Lovely blog,
    And that lipstick really looks amazing :)
    xoxo <3

    ReplyDelete
  3. That looks like such a fun lipstick!
    I'm following your blog, follow back? :)

    www.misscouture17.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete