Monday, 17 October 2011

October Glossy Box

Today, I came home to find my October Glossy Box. The theme for this month is 'Six Pack' as it is the 6th ever Glossy Box. To celebrate the 6 month milestone, the Glossy Box team included an extra item so there were 6 samples to try out this time.

As always, I was excited to see what treats they'd sent me, but this month, I have some mixed thoughts. I am all for trying new products, but as a 15 year old, I don't think I need any anti-aging treatments just yet.

There were 3 products from Dermalogica's 'AGE smart' range in the box:

(Left to Right) Dermalogica Multivitamin Thermafoliant £40.50, Dermalogica Renewal Lip Complex £22.50 and Dermalogica Multivitamin Power Recovery Masque £33.
There was also a small pouch to hold the 'Six Pack' that came in the box which I thought was a cute addition to the box.

Anyway, as I said, I am a teenager so I won't get the most use out of these pretty expensive samples, so I've decided to donate them to my mum for her to try and I will let you know her thoughts soon.

Also in the box was a pale pink nail polish from Leighton Denny Expert Nails. I was quite excited about this as I have used Leighton Denny polishes before and I absolutely love them!

Leighton Denny Expert Nails polish in Baby Doll £11

I love pale pinks on my nails, so I was glad to see I'd recieved Baby Doll in my box because I know I will get a lot of use out of this colour.

I also got a Stila Smudge Stick in Moray. This is great because I only ever wear waterproof eyeliners and the colour is so pretty - I can't believe I've never tried it before! It's a greeny-grey, goldish metallic liner with tiny specs of glitter through it. I can't wait to use it because it's so different yet subtle; I think it would be perfect for autumn as it's not as harsh as black but still has something special about it.
Stila Smudge Stick Waterproof Eyeliner in Moray £13
The swatches don't do it an justice at all, so I didn't upload them, but I can assure you that it's stunning.

The last thing in the box were 3 samples of perfume from Robert Piguet called Fraces de Robert Piguet, Visa de Robert Piguet and Calypso de Robert Piguet. In my opinion, these scents are a bit strong for me and I don't think they suit me. They cost £65 per 50ml bottle which is pretty pricey, if you ask me.

Overall, the best things in the box were the eye liner and the nail polish which were both full sized products. This made the box value for money but I hope the beauty profile is online so I'm more guaranteed to get 5 things that I will be able to use and like. Reviews of all the products from this month's box will be up as soon as I've used them for long enough to have a proper opinion on them. Let me know what you recieved in your Glossy Box and what your thoughts are in the comments below.

No comments:

Post a Comment